RAMAKRISHNA MATH & RAMAKRISHNA MISSION HEAD QUARTERS
Although Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission are legally and financially separate, they are closely inter-related in several other ways, and are to be regarded as twin organizations.
The Math and the Mission together have 178 branch centres all over India and in different parts of the world. The Headquarters of these centers is situated in Belur Math. All branch centers of Ramakrishna Math come under the administrative control of the Board of Trustees, whereas all branch centers of Ramakrishna Mission come under the administrative control of the Governing Body of Ramakrishna Mission.
Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission are twin organizations which form the core of a worldwide spiritual movement (known as Ramakrishna Movement or Vedanta Movement), which aims at the harmony of religions, harmony of the East and the West, harmony of the ancient and the modern, spiritual fulfillment, all-round development of human faculties, social equality, and peace for all humanity, without any distinctions of creed, caste, race or nationality.
RAMAKRISHNA MATH AND RAMAKRISHNA MISSION AT RAJAHMUNDRY
Devotees of Sri Ramakrishna opened many private centres at different places in Andhra Pradesh. Thus at Rajahmundry a private centre by name Ramakrishna Seva Samithi was started. Maharaja of Vizianagaram gave 80 cents of land on lease to run the activities of the Samithi. The Samithi maintained a Homoeo Dispensary and conducted religious classes till it was affiliated in 1954.
Math Centre was opened in 1951 and Ramakrishna Mission Centre was started in 1954 by the munificent donation of Late Sri Duvvuri Ramakrishna Rao, native of Rajahmundry. Later the local Ramakrishna Seva Samithi was dissolved and the leased land was donated to the Mission. Then onwards the Math and Mission Centres of Rajahmundry took up several activities.
In 1984 the Math at Rajahmundry was shifted from Veerabhadrapuram area to Ramakrishna-Vivekananda Nagar, Swami Vivekananda road (Korukonda road), a more congenial place with serene atmosphere.
In this new complex a beautiful temple for Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa Deva, Monks quarters, Office, Library, Reading Room, Book Sales show room, Auditorium were built. The temple was inaugurated in 1988 by Srimat Swami Gambhiranandaji Maharaj, the then President of the Order. In the Mission centre on the Godavari Bund, popularly known as Town Centre, a small prayer hall, a homoeopathic dispensary and an allopathic dispensary with various facilities, were constructed.
Andhra Pradesh was blessed by the visits of
Swami Vivekananda to Hyderabad in 1893,
Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi to Rajahmundry in 1911,
Swami Ramakrishnananda, founder of South Indian centres, to Machilipatnam in 1901,
Swami Brahmananda to Tirupati in 1916,
Swami Shivananda to Visakhapatnam in 1921 and to Cuddapah in 1925.
Free Mobile Dispensary for Tribals
The milk of the cow in reality pervades the whole body of the animal through its blood, but you cannot milk it by squeezing the ears or the horns; you can get the milk only from the teats. Similarly, God pervades the universe everywhere, but you cannot see Him everywhere.
He manifests Himself more readily in sacred temples which are full of the spirit of devotion diffused by the life and spiritual practices of the devotees of former times.